The Community Neurology Service was established in 2006 to support GPs in the safe management of common neurological conditions in primary care and in line with NICE guidelines.
The service supports Consultants by:
- Ensuring appropriate referral management including comprehensive assessment and preliminary investigations including neuro-imaging and neurophysiology prior to referral
- Reducing referrals of non-complex, non-sinister neurological conditions
- Reducing waiting time to secondary care
The service supports patients by ensuring that they are seen by the appropriate specialists at the appropriate place in a timely fashion.
We manage the following conditions:
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Focal Neurological Features
- Tics and Termors
- Falls, Faints and Funny Turns
We operate weekly clinics from Hollyfield House, 22 Hollyfield Road, Surbiton KT5 9AL. Clinicians wishing to refer patients to this service can access the Referral Criteria by clicking here
When patients are seen in the service, the doctor has full access to their medical record, as held by their GP. This is on the basis that the patient gives their consent to access. This will allow the doctor to see any past history or current medications that may be affecting the condition being reviewed and also supports the seamless transfer of information between the Community Clinics and the patients own registered GP.
The service is run by Dr Nassif Mansour a GP with Extended Role in Neurology, our clinic administrator Natalie Cosgrove and overall service management is provided by Fiona Sturley.